Friday, March 5, 2010

Did they use "duct" tape on that bile "duct"???

Noooo...they didn't use "duct" tape on that bile "duct", but Mom did have to have the bile duct stint replaced yesterday. Before Christmas, a blockage in the bile duct was the thing that alerted mom and the doctors that something wasn't quite right with Trudie. A temporary plastic stint was inserted and was doing its job, but needed to be replaced with a permanent metal one. That's what the doctor did yesterday. It was all routine....nothing amiss or concerning. Everything went fine, but mom's not feeling too well today. The procedure is done with a small scope that they run down her throat....but mom says it feels like they used a vacuum cleaner hose attached to a pair of salad tongs. She hurts and is sore and generally feels lousy....but hopefully, with rest and tender-loving-care, tomorrow will be a better day. Wait! I just heard from her....she already is feeling much better tonight. Dana and Sheila took her and dad to a catfish fry tonight and she said the food was delicious!!! See...all better! Trudie is amazing!!!

Dad also went back to the skin cancer doctor at M.D. Anderson last week for follow-up and everything looks great. He does have a little stitch that hasn't dissolved and is sticking out of the skin right next to his nose. If you pull it, his eyes cross!!! Just kidding....you can't even see it. He spends his time trying to convince Sheila to take him to "Five Guys Burgers & Fries"....but she's not budging.....she just smiles, and fixes him a nice, beautiful salad. I think he's actually met his match!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Trudie!!!!
    When are you coming back? We have a sale in Ovilla and will definately need someone to sit and watch in the house. So if you feel up to it you have a job!!!! We have decided to have the check out ...outside (like on Harbin). There is so much STUFF in the 4 car garage!!!!
    I am enjoying reading your blog and very very glad you are feeling better.
    God be with you as you continue this journey and I miss you and look forward to chatting over a Dr. Pepper!!
    Love, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet Aunt Trudie. You too Uncle Jim ;). I'm so happy to see your blog posts and am very glad to hear how well you're both doing with treatment. I sure would love to hear from you sometime. If you have email you can reach me at shannon.tillery@gmail.com. You're in my heart and thoughts always.

    Love you both.
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Trudie! You are just as cute as I remember! I'm so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this challenge in your life. I am praying for you, and I know that many others are doing the same. Dana let me know about this blog. Thanks to Marcia for keeping us up-to-date. I've enjoyed reading and all the funny tidbits that have been included. I'm particularly fond of the photos of Jim "napping." Looks like he's got that perfected! I know, he probably says he's not really sleeping--that he's just checking for pin holes in his eyelids---but we all know better!!!!

    Wanted you to know that the "Narry girls" are thinking of you and love you and Jim very much. Will be monitoring your progress here.

    Love, Linda (Narry) T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Trudie and Jim!! I read your report Tuesday and it seems like you have everything going well. By now, you ought to be up and running. I don't know who that silly person was that thought they used duct tape on your duct work, that crazy. However, when y'all get home, the next time you get your carpets cleaned, most carpet companies will clean you ducts at the same time a lot cheaper than a doctor. I hate to tell Jim this, but I had a hamburger last night,fried fish the other day, and while in San Angelo this past weekend, you would not believe the Bar-B-Q place we ate at. I feel so sorry for you Jim, do they really make you eat salad? My rule of thumb on eating food is this. I don't eat anything that I can get with my gasolene weedeater!! Bye, Tommy

    ReplyDelete