Friday, February 12, 2010

Fourth Down

It's been a busy week in Sugar Land. Jim had surgery to remove his skin cancer at Mohs Clinic of MD Anderson on Monday. He's clean! Just a little banged up.....but you should see the other guy. :) Where else is a guy with two black eyes going to fit in but a hockey game?? Grandpa, Dana, James, and Brandon are all out tonight watching the Aeros. Grandpa is in heaven.
Grandma had her fourth chemo treatment yesterday and is continuing to do well. With a minor flushed face and puffy cheeks, she's still cuter than ever! She visited her PT this morning. This helps her with chemo and all around good physical health. We spent the rest of the day visiting a friend at the hospital.
Wow! We hear it has snowed just a little bit in the Dallas area. Hope you have power and everybody stays warm. Make a snowman for us! Love to everyone! God has been good to us.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Trudie and Jim! I've read your update but lollygaged around on sending this note. Trudie, you are as tough as my son-in-law, David Wright. You know you met my granddaughter Holland, that's her father. I don't know if you know it, but he had a cancerous brain tumor 8 years ago. After surgery he did chemo for months. Today, he has worked his way up to becoming the Principal at Legacy High School in Mansfield, Texas, a 5A school. You know having it is easy is easy. How you handle adversary is a defining moment in one's character. There you and David are, two people I greatly admire and a source of inspiration to all who know you. Well it looks like Jim thinks he on constant vacation all the time. Where's he now, at the Olympics? You better warn your kids, this summer when we book an international vacation, it just might be in Sugar Land!! Bye, continue to enjoy your family, Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I saw work being done on your porch today, a whole bunch of people working as soon as the sun came out. And I did get that package in the mail to you by 2pm the same day, I put it in the box at the P.O.

    Tonight, as Lawson and I were having dinner, I said "I miss Trudie", and he said "I do too...I miss her ice cream...I miss her face...I miss everding about her". I said "so, you miss her face?" And I just wish you could have heard his voice, the truth and innocence...his eyebrows raised and he made eye contact and he said "Yeah, she looks really pretty". I told him I fully agreed, I thought you were beautiful the second we met...I just thought it was precious that my 6-yr-old took notice. I miss your face too ;-) Tell Jim hello. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete