Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Weekend of Blessings...

It has been a good weekend. Well actually, it started Thursday when my doctor told me I DIDN"T have to watch my diet....I should be eating anything and everything that I wanted. I'm still making some diet changes though, and with Sheila's help they will be healthy ones, too. Saturday, Jim and I got to spend the afternoon and evening with my granddaughter, Brittnie and her crazy husband, Brandon. We had a nice, long visit and Brandon cooked up a wonderful vegetable chili for dinner. He also made home-made yeast rolls. They were delicious.

One of the fun things about staying in Sugar Land is that my granddaughter, Ashley loves to play games....board games, card games, Wii games, just any kind of game. And, she's very good at them, too. She's so smart that she almost always beats anyone she plays with. Now, I love to play games, too, so today Ashley taught me the card game "Phase 10". And ... don't tell ... but I actually beat her two or three times. I'm not bragging because I would never do that, but it's nice to know that my mind is still as quick and sharp as my precious granddaughter's. Thanks Ashley....that was fun!!!!

Jim is doing fine. Dana keeps him supplied with daily newspapers, so if you need any current news, just ask Jim. You will find him in the media room, in the recliner, in front of the big-screen TV, watching any sports he can find on TV. Life is good!

We went to church today, then out to lunch at Luby's. This afternoon was spent being lazy and napping....but also remembering all our dear friends and how much you all mean to us. We miss you all, and love all the cards, phone calls, and postings on the blog. I go for my next chemo this Thursday, so please keep me in your prayers. You are all in mine daily.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grandma. Sure wish you were in Connecticut so we could play Uno. We would even stay home from school so we could play. Hope you are having a good day, and that you know you are in our hearts constantly. We miss you so much, and hope to see you very, very soon. Give PaPa a big sloppy kiss for us (and hit him with a pillow). We love, love, love you infinity!!! Clancey & Brogan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Like To Play Games??!! I did not know that. Wish you were here in Wax. I absolutely love to play games...my family all run when they see me with a game. I tell them that my Christmas present is playing games with them and they can't deny me that..hehe..I have played Phase 10 too and it's fun. You can also play games on Yahoo. Jim would absolutely love literai if he likes crossword puzzles. I have been playing that for years. Trudy, I love reading your blog. You have a wonderful way with words. Keep writing. Love you, Sandra Walker

    ReplyDelete