Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time to Change the Diet.....

So, yesterday Jim, Sheila and I decided that it was time for Jim and me to make some diet changes.....so off to Whole Foods Market we went for the afternoon. What a great and interesting place! They need one of these in Waxahachie. Anyway, we spent the whole afternoon reading labels looking for foods that were low in carbs and sugar. Do you know how much sugar and carbs there are in food???? Well, food that actually tastes good, anyway. But, after looking and looking, we found some really fun and tasty things.....honestly, they really taste good. My beautiful and precious granddaughter, Ashley, has been making me some delicious dinners that are healthier for me, too. Who knew you could make meatloaf with no tomato sauce??? These diets changes are going to turn out to be alright. Not too sure how Jim feels about them though. He still loves his Blue Bell Ice Cream. My kids and grandkids are taking great care of me and Jim. We are so blessed. I love hearing from everyone on this blog. Please keep writing....

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Well you are right, there are no Whole Foods in Waxahachie. However, there are about 5 or so in the DFW area. We do have Terry's Marreachi Food Store not far from your house. You know that pig is better for you than Longhorn or other cows or red meat. Just the other day I saw a flyer from Marriachi's for a whole pig head. Yea, whole! The eyes, brain, ears, snout, tongue, teeth, on a platter looking right you. They also have intestins, pig's feet, and anything else you find between the snout and pig tail. They have other stuff but I can't tell exactly what it is because it is in Spanish............Since y'all are starting to eat right, be sure to take a "before" picture of Jim in his Fruit Of The Looms so we get the full effect when we see the "after" picture.........Can you tell I have too much time on my hands? Sharon tells me I need to get a Job. That scares me more than eating at Marriachi"s!!!...Bye, Tommy....P.S. If I get some really great deals at Marriachi"s while you are gone, I'll hang them on your back door for you so they will be there when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Trudie, I'm missing my hugs. I've been missing you. Tell contrary, I said Hello. We just got home about 30 min ago, we went out to eat with Tommy and Annita's other 2 Brothers . And a bunch more. Tell all the family Hello. I feel like I should know them. Hugs and kisses, From the Heart- Hoyt

    ReplyDelete